Saturday, May 24, 2014

Waiting

Waiting. Something I have never been good at. Although going through 2 adoptions now has taught me to be a little bit more patient.....

Our dossier is now in China. I looked at my FedEx account and it was received and signed for. Big sigh of relief. DTC (dossier to China) was 5/9. They received it on 5/12, just a day before my birthday and the day after Mother's Day. I was so excited to know we were moving forward. Another adopting mom I have "met" on our Facebook groups was also DTC on 5/9. It is exciting to know that we might really meet in China while Mike and I pick up our daughter and she and her family pick up their son.

So, it has been almost 2 weeks and no word yet. The next step would be LID or Log In Date. That is when China has looked at our dossier and actually logged it into the system. This is a huge step because only then will they begin to work on our LOA or Letter of Approval. Most LOAs come anywhere from 45-60 days after LID. Well, we haven't heard yet if we are LID. A few other moms have received LID already even though they were DTC after I was. Not sure why. Made me a little sad to head into this long weekend without word. So, please pray that our LID comes this week and we can move that huge step closer. Our Little Miss is waiting on us. I feel stuck. I just want to go NOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment