Sunday, March 30, 2014

Big Step Friday

Well, this past week was certainly a very long one. Work has been crazy with getting ready for state testing. My schedule has been changed a bunch of times and is more hectic than ever. But, the end of the week was almost worth the craziness of the beginning.

When I got home on Friday 2 things were waiting for me.

1) We received our documents back from CT Secretary of State. They are all authenticated and official looking! Thursday we received the homestudy back from Mass so the only document we need now is the USCIS approval.

2) A letter from USCIS was also waiting. They have us with an I800a received date of 3/20! We are waiting for our fingerprint appointment but we are that much closer to having our documents done!

I am compiling everything together and will send what I have to the NYC Consulate this week. We need to use a courier or bring it ourselves. I'd love the day trip to NYC, and was planning to take the trip, but then I'd need a second day to pick them up. UGH! Not sure what we will do. I might use a courier for these 12 documents and then take a day trip to visit with Karin to complete the last document. We'll see.

But we have made huge steps toward our little girl. Still looks like a hopeful Sept travel, but I will keep pushing it to get it earlier!


No comments:

Post a Comment