Tuesday, October 7, 2014

TA and CA!!! And a Surprise Baby Shower

WE DID IT!!!!!

WE HAVE TA!!!

WE HAVE CA!!!

Yes, we finally made it. All the paperwork chasing is over. We received out travel approval right before the Chinese holiday. It arrived on 10/1, just before I could have a panic attack. It came! It really came!

The next step after our travel approval was for our agency to request a Consulate appointment and have it confirmed. Our agency asked for a Consulate appointment for 10/30 with a Gotcha Day of 10/20. That's in less than 2 weeks! Oh my gosh! 

We had to wait for the Consulate to reopen yesterday to get our Consulate appointment confirmed but they approved it right away. Our agency emailed me with the confirmation yesterday and all I could do all day was walk through the halls at school singing:

"I'm a leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again."

(Yes, you can sing along too!) My students thought I was crazy and the teachers were all happy for me. I wish I could say they are all excited for me, but it really is different. They are all very excited about the teacher who is pregnant and due in February, but with me, they seem interested but not overly excited. I guess it is hard to understand. Hopefully they will all be excited when I bring her by for a visit.

On the other hand, I have AMAZING friends here in town. I really think the best thing Mike and I did was move here. We have found, and Colby has found such a great group of friends. Mike is Colby's Cub Scout leader and two of my friends help him as assistants. Four of our friends (Moms to Colby's friends) tricked me into going to the Cub Scout meeting last night. They threw us a surprise baby shower. Little cupcakes and cookies and juice for the boys and presents for Maddie. I was so surprised I was crying. Mike was shocked. We've never had friends care so much for us. We received some great gifts including a hand-sewn bunny, my favorite color green, a cute dress, photo album, tea set, and so much more. LOVE true friends and we really have found some. 

So, 10 days to get packed for 4, tickets booked, work organized, and a house organized. Not sure how I will do it but we are headed out!!!

Maddie Here We Come!!!!
Watch out China, Colby's coming to town!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment