Friday, August 29, 2014

Getting Closer

We finally got it! We received our I800 approval!!! It came on Monday 8/25. I can't believe we finally moved a step closer to getting to China and to our Little Peanut!

So now what? Well, after our I800 was approved it was sent to another USCIS office to be given a GUZ number (I guess like an official government case number). I had to wait for that and it can often take about 5 working days to get. I was able to get mine on Thursday 8/28 in the afternoon. I needed that number and an invoice number to access the online Immigrant Visa application form. So, I was able to do that this morning. It is done! That was my final piece of paperwork on this side to bring our daughter here!!! I'm waiting on the official I800 approval paperwork but that's in the mail and we should have it tomorrow or Tues (another holiday on Monday, ugh!). I also need the emailed PDF form for our DS260 but that should come soon too. I will then forward that to the agency and they send it all to China and we just wait for paperwork to be dropped at the consulate in China, hoping for Thurs 9/4. Then pickup should be in 2 weeks. We'll be given a consulate appointment and travel approval. We are SO CLOSE!!! Timeframe?? Maybe 5-6 weeks. It is hard to say because of the week long holiday in China the first week of October. Still praying to travel for Mike's birthday 10/11.

But I think all the warm thoughts and prayers are helping. We moved through the GUZ number and DS260 process so quickly. Thank you all!!!

And any guesses on a name??? Need a hint????

M_________ M____ Pronovost

No comments:

Post a Comment